Re: Looking for a better in circuit ESR meter

Reginald Beardsley

Does anyone have any experience with the B&K 881? It appears to provide the same testing as the EDS-88A for about $75 less. In fact looks like an outright copy with minor changes. Of course, that does not mean it is any good.

I'm dealing with a SMPS which has caps in parallel with a resistor and a diode. All crammed into a very small space. Both the Arduino based BSIDE ESR02 Pro and the Peak atlas ESR70 can't deal with the diode and resistor and produce similar <100 pF answers. From looking at the output on a scope I think both are turning the diode on.

Reg