Re: 577 magic smoke :-(

Eric

Hey Chuck.

I might have to try that next time. I am just finishing up the recap if this ever needs to be done again should be much easier next time. The one that crapped out on me was C759 at the very bottom. I guess my mistake was working bottom to top instead of top to bottom.

Eric

On 5/7/2020 11:35 AM, ChuckA wrote:
Eric,

You don't have to remove the CRT to replace/rebuild the PS caps. You need to remove the carry handle assembly, the 2 power supply boards and the CRT wires. You can then reach down and remove the cans from the chassis.

On my 576 I removed all the cans, opened them up at the bottom crimp seal and installed new caps inside and then peened  the aluminum crimp back.

Chuck

On 5/7/2020 11:06 AM, Eric wrote:
I am currently working on a 576 and I have a 577 "in the wings waiting on some parts. I have not looked at the cal section for the 577. The 576 will be getting a full cal after a complete recap of the power supply filters. They are a nightmare to do tube needs to come out. We can E-mail more off list if you would like to talk more about it off list.

Ericsp (at) gmail.com