Re: 577 magic smoke :-(

Eric

I am currently working on a 576 and I have a 577 "in the wings waiting on some parts. I have not looked at the cal section for the 577. The 576 will be getting a full cal after a complete recap of the power supply filters. They are a nightmare to do tube needs to come out. We can E-mail more off list if you would like to talk more about it off list.

Ericsp (at) gmail.com

Eric

On 5/7/2020 10:58 AM, Paul Amaranth wrote:
That's on Schematic 6

On Thu, May 07, 2020 at 07:51:27AM -0700, Reginald Beardsley via groups.io wrote:
It's a D1.

I figured out the 177 after I started reading the service manual.

I found the smoke source, CR582 on the A2 collector supply board, 200 V 1.5 A bridge rectifier, but can't find it on the schematic. It's in the board photo which allowed me to identify it.

Is there anyone on the list who refurbishes and calibrates these in the fashion that Reed Dickinson does 485s?