Re: TEK 5054 CPU Fan

David Kuhn

" While I am liking the scope a lot, I agree that there are things they
could definitely done differently with the UI. Just because there is a
menu option for something doesn't mean that you make the buttons and knobs
with such limited functionality. Starting to miss the analysis
capabilities of my LeCroy... Probably should - and still might - get one
and sell the Tek."

Not a naturally working scope. I have not fully tried its features. You
can program the mid-pulse width reference points, which I have only seen on
Tektronix scopes, definitely no Siglent scopes. Of course I have not
looked for that feature on LeCroy or Agilent scopes; I'm sure they let you
set that.

If nothing else, after a lot of painful saved setups, it is as least the
equivalent of a large screen version of the TDS3000 series. Just don't try
to operate it for troubleshooting purposes - lol. It is impressive looking
on the bench top under the shelf with all the equipment that actually works
for a living - lol. It is a beauty queen, real pretty to look at, but kind
of useless and dumb until it matures on yaa.

Dave

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 7:48 AM Harold Foster <halfoster@gmail.com> wrote:

David-

While I am liking the scope a lot, I agree that there are things they
could definitely done differently with the UI. Just because there is a
menu option for something doesn't mean that you make the buttons and knobs
with such limited functionality. Starting to miss the analysis
capabilities of my LeCroy... Probably should - and still might - get one
and sell the Tek.

Hal