Re: Electrolytic Capacitor Removal NO Desoldering Required

David Kuhn

" He irritates me too. Lots of subtle misinformation delivered with
supreme confidence and way too many words.
I watched one video and said "Well, there's <xxx> minutes of life I won't
get back.""

Yes, but his voice is so soothing. He does give plenty of warnings like
"You do so at your own risk".

He is not the only one that I've seen where the SMT Electrolytic is twisted
off.

I too worried about trace damaging, but It is so easy to damage those
traces through soldering methods too. Those blasted things can be hard to
get off. Unless you pre-tin those pads with leaded solder, it is difficult
to get hot air to melt that old solder without cooking the board. I have a
board pre-heater, but still find those blasted caps hard to remove.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 6:28 PM Dave Wise <david_wise@phoenix.com> wrote:

[re Mr. Carlson YouTube]
He irritates me too. Lots of subtle misinformation delivered with supreme
confidence and way too many words.
I watched one video and said "Well, there's <xxx> minutes of life I won't
get back."

Dave Wise