Re: Vacuum forming 7K interface "covers"

Eric

I could be wrong but I believe the part number is shared across the entire 7K line. Handling with care is needed as depending on the age of the scope could be 50 + years of thermally cycled plastic.

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> On Behalf Of David C. Partridge
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2020 4:11 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Vacuum forming 7K interface "covers"

Yes, same part on 7603 etc. 'scopes.

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael W. Lynch via groups.io
Sent: 23 April 2020 19:42
To: TekScopes@groups.io

If I had one of these as a sample, I would gladly attempt to design and 3D print one of suitable quality.

Would this be a part that would be found in the 76xx series Scopes? If so, is this easy to access without totally destroying the scope? I have two of these scopes, so I might obtain a sample from one of these scopes.

Looking at the document that HÃ¥kan posted, they do not appear that complex. I would need to see the actual part to determine if it was possible to produce a 3D print of the item.

Sincerely,

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, Arkansas