From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Chuck Harris
Sent: 22 April 2020 01:33
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Vacuum forming 7K interface "covers"

They are little plastic covers, very thin, and about 1 inch by
3 inches. Their purpose is to restrain the free ends of the gold
socket pins.

They are simply a thin sheet of plastic that is bent to a specific
shape, probably with a vacuum forming method.

They are prone to getting longitudinal cracks, and when that
happens, they fall out, or simply stop retaining the socket
pins. Often the pins will get crumpled by the plugin after this
happens. At a minimum, they won't make uniform contact on all
pins.

-Chuck Harris

Roy Thistle wrote:
On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 11:16 AM, Eric wrote:

The plastic covers for the “fingers”
Are those (on a 7603) the white (nylon?) prismatic objects above and below the gold contacts... looking down into the 7603 bay? ... or maybe just a Tek part number?
Best regards.
Roy