Re: Electrolytic Capacitor Removal NO Desoldering Required

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 12:27 PM, M Yachad wrote:

I have repaired / overhauled HUNDREDS of SMD PCB's using this method, and
NEVER had a single issue of damage, ever.
Well said, Yachad, especially setting off professionalism against rigid traditionalism. Doing things in an unorthodox way can work!
You gave very clear instructions.
And you even express my stated opinion that **none** of the action must be lifting, just in-pcb-plane torsion for greatest safety.
You made my day!

Trying to kill the messenger (Mr. Carlson in this case) has always been a popular strategy to support an opposite opinion. BTW, like with most Youtube speech videos, I always play Mr. Carlson's videos (when I do) at x1.25 or x1.5 speed. Works very well.
It would be quite different of course if someone made the ridiculous claim of safely cleaning complete pcb's or even complete instruments with water and soap. Water and electronics don't go together! Hey wait, Tek used to do that from the Tube-scope days! Ah-well...

Raymond