Re: Electrolytic Capacitor Removal NO Desoldering Required

victor.silva

Louis is not repairing boards that have electrolyte leakage from capacitors.
Most of the stuff he repairs is not even 6 years old.

My experience is mostly with the 2465B SM A5 assembly.
In many cases the pads are not even there anymore, the corrosion is so bad.
The twist method would only work on a 2465B SM A5 with no electrolyte damage,
which is very unusual. Only the very late >1993 A5s that were conformal coated would show little damage.

I'm not going to be convinced to use the twist method. I've presented a method that puts much less stress on the pads.
I will let people decide to use what they want.

--Victor