Re: Electrolytic Capacitor Removal NO Desoldering Required

victor.silva

I saw this last year and didn't like when compared to my method that I have been using since 2005.
First of all how can he say no soldering required when the old terminals are still there.
Obviously soldering is required to remove the terminals and clean up the pads.

I use a similar method but it puts absolutely no force on the pads.

I use angled cutters and cut the capacitor off at the bottom, around the collar, leaving the rubber seal, a tiny piece of aluminum and the plastic base.
The remaining rubber seal and plastic base comes off very easily now, by grabbing a corner with the cutters.

--Victor