Re: Electrolytic Capacitor Removal NO Desoldering Required

Roy Thistle

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 01:43 PM, Paul Amaranth wrote:

Also can he use a larger soldering iron?
I'm not sure if I know what you mean... but, according to his other videos... he likes to have a high thermal transfer rate... for a relatively low iron temperature... so he sometimes uses lower temperature whacking great irons, on little stuff. He likes to... and claims to have no problems with... soldering onto battery terminals...using that technique. Never worked for me so far (battery always fail prematurely... as it seem to do some kind of damage, whether visible or not.) On pcbs, I guess you don't want to completely melt, or boil away the epoxy adhesive, under the copper traces?
Roy