Vacuum forming 7K interface "covers"

Eric

An Idea to save more 7K frames. The plastic covers for the “fingers” on the main interface boards of the 7K series are starting to show their age especially in units that have not been stored well. When I started working on 7000 frames about 2 years ago I was made aware at how rare these are getting. I have 2 spare covers that I have picked up along the way but I hate the idea that the only way to get these now it to canalize them from other units. I was thinking has any one tried vacuuming forming new ones?

From looking at the shape these seem like they could be duplicated in a vacuum forming operation with the correct mold possibly even 20 to 30 at a time out of one sheet. Has this been tried before?