Re: Tek 576 Curve Tracer HV Replacement Transformer

Mlynch001

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 06:42 PM, Chuck Harris wrote:

I don't have a schematic of the tripler, so I don't know where this
resistor is located.

I suspect that it is in series with the anode lead. That is often done
for safety reasons. They don't want a full discharge of the tripler's
capacitors to stop your heart...

It was probably a carbon composition resistor, and probably 1/4 watt.

-Chuck Harris

Mlynch001 wrote:
I do have a question about the load resistor. I think it is supposed to be
about 470K Ohms? Does this need to be a special resistor or can you use a
1/2W metal film resistor?
Chuck,

There are some pictures in the TEKScope archive. One of our members posted a lot of pictures, including X-Ray pictures of the internal structures. They show the resistor soldered between the last diode in the chain and the end of the anode wire. I don’t have any carbon comp resistors of that resistance rating, but tons of 1/4W metal film and carbon film resistors. Would either those types be acceptable for this application? I can probably find some carbon comp resistors if absolutely necessary.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR