Re: 2445A slow

tekscopegroup@...

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 07:20 AM, n4buq wrote:

I know my 2445 has the snubbers. In an effort to find what had smoked, I
decided to shotgun all the larger electrolytics as well as the the snubbers.
After replacing the electrolytics (and, unfortunately, finding them all
testing good), the last thing I replaced was the snubbers and it was only then
that I noticed that one of them had blown through a crack on one end. Wish
I'd seen that one first but maybe I bought some extra time with new
electrolytics on those boards.
You took the effort to get into the power supply which can be quite a chore, specially the first time. So be happy you are now hopefully all done with it for a good while. No point going in there and only doing an incomplete recap that will force you to to it all over again in the near future. No such thing as buying some extra time with aging electrolytic caps, specially in this case with well known failure statistics.