Re: Tek 576 Curve Tracer HV Replacement Transformer

Chuck,

A couple of things.

1) I don't challenge Dennis's ownership of the group. I respect his directives as moderator of the group.
2) You cannot possibly know how old and wise I am, not by a long shot. And vice versa.

Before Dennis's post, I never felt attacked or challenged in this group.
I don't know why he got so upset over my critique of Tektronix.
He wanted to know which companies I consider comparable or superior to Tektronix, and I told him so.
Schlumberger was created by two incredible ingenious and smart brothers, and rose to fame like Tektronix did.
Their services are famous in their industry like Tektronix equipment is famous in the electronics industry.
Their excellence in service is backed by the excellence of their equipment.
It dedicates one of the largest segments of their income to research and development.
Schlumberger sells measurements (logs), and their product does not have an expiration date.
Oil wells don't have an expiration date either, there can be valid questions about them after 50 years.
If a client wants to know about some logs made in 1970, Schlumberger will help interpret them.
In my opinion, the service provided by Schlumberger is superior to the one of Tektronix.

I don't post here for chest trumping. I enjoy the exchange of knowledge in the topic of electronic design and oscilloscopes in particular.
I am not the only one here with plenty of experience who like to communicate it to others and help them with their problems.
And I respect and appreciate the experience of other members of this group, who have helped me on various occasions.
I believe that one important reason equipment gets rusty is because their owners have not yet found the way to fix them.
And our knowledge is a noble gift we should all be able to give.

Ernesto