Re: 2445A slow

Chuck Harris

There are a couple of possibilities, all easily
tested.

1) Your scope is not getting any input signal.
2) your scope is broken so the input signal is not
getting displayed in X-Y mode.

Try putting a sine wave on channel 1, and another from
a different source on channel 2, while in X-Y mode.

You should get an unstable pattern that, with the right
amplitude settings will fill the screen.

If you do, the problem is with the curve tracer.

The problem could be as simple as the AC/DC/GND/50 ohm
switches are in 50 ohm, or ground.

-Chuck Harris

Steve wrote:

Also, I have set ch1 volts and ch2 mv accordingly for my curve tracer so I’m not quite sure what you mean by setting X and Y unless I’m just not understanding exactly what you’re saying that I need to do. Probably my error. I’m going to attempt to interpret engineer language and read a bit more of the manual to see if I can get a better grasp of this scope. I’m sure there are so many reading this saying to themselves.............(Really?) lol