Re: Tek 576 Curve Tracer HV Replacement Transformer

Mlynch001

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 11:56 AM, Dennis Tillman W7PF wrote:

Hi Michael,
Thank you for showing others what can be done by a dedicated member of
TekScopes who refuses to let a valuable instrument collect dust.

Would your supplier be willing to make replacements for other Tek HV
transformers where there is enough demand to meet his minimum order?

HV Transformers endure incredible electrical stresses and there are very few
potting materials that are stable over a product lifetime that can last
decades. They are all going to fail eventually.

Dennis Tillman W7pF
--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator

Thank you for your kind words and recognition of my project. I am just happy to be able to do my small part in keeping these wonderful machines in operation and helping others do the same. Giving back to other members is just a small way to say "Thank You" for all the help that I have received.

I would be interested to hear what other transformers would be of interest to the group. We would probably need to do batches of 10 or more to make it feasible. I could do something like what was done on the 576 Project.

I had a long discussion with the factory sales people while negotiating and attempting to talk them into the idea of doing this 576 transformer for me. They indicated some interested in doing others for me on a small batch basis, but no firm commitment. Whatever they do will need to be built using similar available cores and other materials. I would need to reach out to them with a potential candidate. Since we have most of the prints for the various instruments let me know which one and I can then reach out to the factory for a proposal.

Perhaps the group can come up with a model that they deem "High priority"?

Sincerely,

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR