From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Ernesto
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2020 7:21 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tek 576 Curve Tracer HV Replacement Transformer

<SNIP>
(Rant-mode-on) If mlynch001 can be a source of replacement transformers, WHY CANNOT Tektronix have been the one?
Don't they feel any responsibility for their products? A part they manufactured with an OBVIOUS defect that can totally disable one of their expensive instruments?
If Michael could find a manufacturer, could they not have taken an infinitesimal part of their huge development and manufacturing facility to make these transformers?
And they didn't need to lose money. If not free, they could have delivered this parts at cost. For all their old scopes that have this HV transformer problem.
As my esteem for the old Tektronix instruments increases, my regard for Tektronix Inc with its over a billion dollars revenue keeps falling.

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator