Re: DAS9100 does anyone still remember it

Dan G

Hi Brian,

The capstan roller on my tape drive is also ok. This sounds like a common problem on the HP drives
(I've never had one), but it looks like Tektronix may have used a more stable material.

Regarding data transfer via RS-232 and GPIB: I had looked into this a number of years ago, but now
I will have to dig up my old notes and files. I'm afraid I've never tried connecting an external display.

The main power supply board of my DAS is currently under repair (it "works", but there are huge
undamped oscillations in the main transformer, and I don't want to run it in this condition for any
length of time). Once I've put the mainframe back together again, and I've found my old notes, I'll do
some data transfer tests and let you know.

dan