Re: DAS9100 does anyone still remember it

Brian

Hi Raymond , I checked the capstan as I have had that problem on very old pc tape drives , the capstan roller is ok . When I looked at the cartridges I thought at first that it had reached the end of the tape and broken it but thats not the case , it never went that far before the elastic band broke .I have been try on facebook to find that hpseries80 group you mentioned but a search does not find it ?

Brian

On Friday, 3 April 2020, 16:48:12 BST, Raymond Domp Frank <hewpatek@...> wrote:

On Fri, AprĀ  3, 2020 at 03:03 PM, Brian wrote:

Mine has just eaten 3 DC100A cassettes
Brian,
Are you aware that very often, the polyurethane capstan covering material in these drives has crumbled or - worse - changed into a sticky chewing gum-like mass? That could explain how your drive ate the tapes.

Raymond