Re: Tektronix 2465, 2465A, or 2465B

GerryR <totalautomation1@...>

Hello Ross,
I have a 2565A that I am thinking of selling. It hasn't been re-capped (no issues there) but has had a new battery recently installed, and I have been through the recalibration procedure. It is in excellent condition. No issues that I know of. I am selling it complete with 3 probes (350 MHz) and with a Tektronix active probe (900 MHz) complete kit, and some extras. The power supply for the probe is a powerblock from Phoenix that I bought and added the proper connector for the probe. If you are interested, let me know; I was about to put it on EBay. I can send pictures and provide further details. I am retired and do not find as much use for it as I once needed.

Regards,
GerryR
KK4GER

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ross Hollinger via groups.io" <rhollinger=protonmail.com@groups.io>
To: <TekScopes@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 11:31 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Tektronix 2465, 2465A, or 2465B

I am new to scopes and am looking for a good analog scope for HF work. I like these scopes, but am torn between the three. I like the idea on auto set up, which would leave the 2465 out, but I don't know if the 2465B would be overkill. About me, I tend to over buy on purpose. I'm a believer in buy it once and save money. The notion of "beginner" or "starter" anything doesn't resonate with me - if you can learn on one, you can learn on any. I have read that the 2400 series tend to overheat, or get real hot, when operating. Also, that the power supplies are less than desirable. But then, those are a few opinions that may not be valid. The thing that concerns me would be having to replace older caps that may leak, blah, blah. Are there any thoughts about these, and are there any suggestions about where to look for refurbished units from good repair facilities.

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.