From: "Ross Hollinger via groups.io" <rhollinger=protonmail.com@groups.io>
To: <TekScopes@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 11:31 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Tektronix 2465, 2465A, or 2465B

I am new to scopes and am looking for a good analog scope for HF work. I like these scopes, but am torn between the three. I like the idea on auto set up, which would leave the 2465 out, but I don't know if the 2465B would be overkill. About me, I tend to over buy on purpose. I'm a believer in buy it once and save money. The notion of "beginner" or "starter" anything doesn't resonate with me - if you can learn on one, you can learn on any. I have read that the 2400 series tend to overheat, or get real hot, when operating. Also, that the power supplies are less than desirable. But then, those are a few opinions that may not be valid. The thing that concerns me would be having to replace older caps that may leak, blah, blah. Are there any thoughts about these, and are there any suggestions about where to look for refurbished units from good repair facilities.