From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of Jeff Davis <n0dyjeff@hotmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 5:51 PM
To: TekScopes <TekScopes@groups.io>
Cc: Dave Voorhis <voorhis@gmail.com>; Miguel Work <harrimansat@hotmail.com>; benx618(g) <benx618@gmail.com>; rubbrdux@windstream.net <rubbrdux@windstream.net>; g m <saphill7@gmail.com>; Dave Holigan <dave@bigislandpond.com>; Byron Hayes, Jr. <bhayes@earthlink.net>; SuddenLink <bob.ripley@suddenlink.net>; satbeginner <castellcorunas@gmail.com>; garp66 <hrgerson@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tek 222/224 Battery Replacement

All,

Here's an update on the Tek 222/224 Battery Replacement project. After a few go rounds, I was able to create a BOM that the fab house could source. Unfortunately, the parts that had been pending turned out to be somewhat expensive. The cost in low quantities went from $60 each to about $93. Given the minimum order of 10 pieces is committing nearly $1,000 upfront, I need to ask for deposits from people who are interested in purchasing to reduce my financial exposure. If you're interested in participating in the group buy (and hopefully helping us get a better quantity discount), the link is https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.n0dy.com%2Fproduct%2Ftek-222-224-battery-charger-deposit%2F&;data=02%7C01%7C%7C9ddf3c8d9e9e4bcff63a08d7d37b624d%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637210399184673953&amp;sdata=3HOf5aZem%2FQ5BeQFzLbq36xJ0uORMH4PVjQeOLFVMU0%3D&amp;reserved=0. There you'll find not only details on the deposit and possible volume discounts, there are also links to technical sites for more information on the project.

While I'm not doing this project entirely out of the goodness of my heart, I'm making this first buy available at just slightly over my cost, plus shipping, both as a way of paying back the value I've gotten from the list over the years, and as an encouragement to get the quantities up so we can all get a volume discount. Any volume discounts would be passed along as explained on the deposit web page.

Thanks for the bandwidth.

Regards,
Jeff / N0DY