Re: TDS 420 Oscilloscope

Brendan

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 12:25 PM, Bill wrote:

How reliable is the TDS 420 oscilloscope? Saw a video about it and thought it
would be a nice upgrade from my 453. Looks to be easily service but have no
knowledge about the reliability or availibility of the ICs if needed at some
time.
Thanks,
Bill
I have a TDS420. Every single SMD cap was leaking along with a good deal of power supply capacitors. After replacing all of those it works fine. I would make sure to check for PCB damage from the leaking caps before I picked one up. I got lucky and there was very little damage but from what I have seen the damage can be pretty extensive.