From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of g m <saphill7@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 11:37 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tek 222/224 Battery Replacement

I'd be interested also, regards, Gary

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:14 PM Dave Voorhis <voorhis@gmail.com> wrote:

On 26 Mar 2020, at 17:02, Jeff Davis <n0dyjeff@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

One of my customers approached me a few weeks ago about a project to
replace the sealed lead acid battery (now unobtainium) in Tek 222/224
scopes with lithium ion cells that presumably will continue to be available
for the foreseeable future. He pointed me to a really well done project
with a public domain license. There's a YouTube video on it -
https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FLJ2VS3aohV0&;data=02%7C01%7C%7C009602ec1fbc4ca1fff708d7d1c58fa1%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637208518750518674&amp;sdata=3LLpfBLKpD4ou3O%2F21bIM26qi5S3VSq%2B4aM68HOss9E%3D&amp;reserved=0.

After a couple of weeks of capturing schematics, sourcing parts, etc.
I'm about ready to hit Send on an order for the PCBs. Before I do that,
however, I wanted to check with the community to see if there's sufficient
interest to order more than the minimum quantity of boards.

How about it, Tek 222/224 collectors? Any interest in a battery pack
replacement based on the design in the YouTube video above?

Regards,
Jeff / N0DY
Definitely interested. I bought a 222 to add to my collection, but it’s
turned out to be surprisingly useful. I’d like to replace the dud lead-acid
battery but the usual replacements involve cutting the case, which I’m
reluctant to do. I think the YouTube video approach doesn’t cut the case?

I didn’t watch the whole thing, admittedly.

Either way, I’m definitely interested in a board. I’m in the UK, so I
don’t know if shipping might be an issue though I guess a board should fit
in an envelope.