Re: Tek 222/224 Battery Replacement

g m

I'd be interested also, regards, Gary

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:14 PM Dave Voorhis <voorhis@...> wrote:

On 26 Mar 2020, at 17:02, Jeff Davis <n0dyjeff@...> wrote:

Hi all,

One of my customers approached me a few weeks ago about a project to
replace the sealed lead acid battery (now unobtainium) in Tek 222/224
scopes with lithium ion cells that presumably will continue to be available
for the foreseeable future. He pointed me to a really well done project
with a public domain license. There's a YouTube video on it -
https://youtu.be/LJ2VS3aohV0.

After a couple of weeks of capturing schematics, sourcing parts, etc.
I'm about ready to hit Send on an order for the PCBs. Before I do that,
however, I wanted to check with the community to see if there's sufficient
interest to order more than the minimum quantity of boards.

How about it, Tek 222/224 collectors? Any interest in a battery pack
replacement based on the design in the YouTube video above?

Regards,
Jeff / N0DY
Definitely interested. I bought a 222 to add to my collection, but it’s
turned out to be surprisingly useful. I’d like to replace the dud lead-acid
battery but the usual replacements involve cutting the case, which I’m
reluctant to do. I think the YouTube video approach doesn’t cut the case?

I didn’t watch the whole thing, admittedly.

Either way, I’m definitely interested in a board. I’m in the UK, so I
don’t know if shipping might be an issue though I guess a board should fit
in an envelope.