Re: TDS3000B calibration

David Kuhn

" To use some of your words, "you are confusing calibration with
adjustment".
Obviously the word Calibration mean different things to different people.
Calibration, at least how we did it at Tek in Europe, was almost always
Performance Verification. "

In my business, I always think of "Calibration" as an action verb. You are
calibrating or tweaking. Afterwards, you perform a "Certification" to
test the performance of the instrument. Hmmm, I guess that might be a verb
to, but not an much action - lol. The sheep skin does state "Certificate
of Calibration".

Dave

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 8:03 AM zenith5106 <hahi@...> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 09:38 PM, benj3867 wrote:

Finally, @amirb, you are confusing calibration with performance
verification.
To use some of your words, "you are confusing calibration with adjustment".
Obviously the word Calibration mean different things to different people.
Calibration, at least how we did it at Tek in Europe, was almost always
Performance Verification. There were even two Calibration options for
customers
to choose from, PV or Adj, with different prices of course.
In the contract with our major customer it said that if a test was within
70%
of spec no action should be done. If it came out between 70 and 100% of
spec
adjustment should be done. If the adjustment failed to return it to less
than 70% or couldn't be done the instrument would still Pass. In either
case
it should be noted on the Certificate. And of course if the instrument was
out of spec and couldn't be brought back to within it would Fail the
Calibration.

/HÃ¥kan