Re: TDS3000B calibration

amirb

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 01:21 PM, Raymond Domp Frank wrote:

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 06:17 PM, amirb wrote:

If you look down this thread, I tried to say the same thing but somebody got
pissed for some reason!
Amirb, you mean that part? I haven't read all posts. I should add that it's as
irrelevant for analog 'scopes, apart from the fact that with the latter, trace
intensity suffers too much at lower repetition rates because of the lower duty
cycle.

Raymond
well, that was the tone I got from that message anyways...

I just looked up the TDS3000 manual, and it seems to me that they are using the pulser for tuning the channels' deskew
(hope i am using the term correctly) . They dont mention it in the manual but the setup shows why they needed the pulser

So the rise time is really not that critical as long as it is fast enough so the instrument can measure the delays between the channels
and adjust them. The more important and more expensive equipment in that setup in my view is having the 4 coaxial cables
with exact same electrical length and I believe they probably should be very phase stable