Re: Tek Blue Paint

Jim Ford

Yes, different people see things differently.   That may explain why Dave had two wives! ;)Jim Ford Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: ArtekManuals <manuals@...> Date: 3/25/20 7:32 AM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tek Blue Paint A couple of points about this comment (which is very valid)1) Paint that is 40 years old versus a shade today will have aged differently  due to underlying formulation aging characteristics, time and UV exposure. A paint job that matches today may not match 10 years from now due to different aging characteristics of the two paints. If your really OCD about paint jobs you should paint the whole thing so that you don't have a mismatch due to differences in aging characteristics2) (both) of my wives were artist and my brother in-law who was a (color blind) engineer for Bausch and Lomb  for 20+years will all tell you that the structure in our eyes are different from person to person and that we do not all see given colors in the same hue. What you may have heard of as "rods and cones" in our eyes for color vision are actually resonant structures not unlike what we are used to thinking about in microwaves . So while a given touch up may look perfect to me to another person it may look like a giant zitHave fun ...me I stopped worrying about the color of things 35 years agoDavemanuals@... 3/25/2020 9:20 AM, Bert Haskins wrote:>> On 3/23/2020 11:11 PM, Brendan via Groups.Io wrote:>> The closest I have been able to come is Bahama Sea by Krylon.>> I bought some of this for my 22xx scopes and it is way off, at least > for matching.>> - Bert>>>>>>>>> >-- DaveManuals@... This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.https://www.avast.com/antivirus