Re: TDS3000B calibration

amirb

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 01:29 PM, David C. Partridge wrote:

Why would they say 100Hz to 1MHz if 100Hz to 10MHz would also work?
Maybe because there were none that went to 10MHz at that time - a bit like a
laptop I own whose docs say it will take a maximum of 4GB, but will happily
take 8GB.

David
exactly and also because they simply want you to use a specific equipment for the calibration.

I dont have the other tools, so I cannot do the cal on my 3054B but still I think the 10MHz pulser would work

the important thing is what is the scope trying to measure with that pulser. It is not the BW because <1ns wouldn't cut it (the scope rise time itself is rated <700ps
so the pulser should have been much faster) so maybe it is measuring overshoot (undershoot)? but they didnt specify the overshoot of the pulser...