Re: Tek Blue Paint

Greg Muir

“Spray can consistency” is the big issue. I don’t know how many times I have received a piece of legacy equipment where it was painfully obvious that the person who tried did their best but there was visible feathering borders from the poor spray nozzle pattern and inability to distance the can from the workpiece.

I cleaned up one 7 foot rack in a Tek blue color simply by taking a paint sample to the local hardware store and having them match it in a water-based latex. Application was by a fine-nap roller producing a factory perfect job for $15. The paint wears well and any touch-up from scratching is very easy.

Cleanup ia also much easier given the paint base.

Greg