Re: Tek Blue Paint

JJ

Wow, this Tek blue paint thing has been a problem for decades. I would love
to get my hands on a spray can. I'm wondering if the people at Tektronix
would be willing to give us the formula? I imagine it's been a trade secret
in the past - but nowadays, it can be duplicated fairly closely through
technology.

From what I remember, a spectrophotometer (with more than 30 filters) is
only 90% accurate at the very best - and that assumes that you can measure
both reflected light from and transmitted light through the specimen - so
one would need a paint chip.

There are specialty shops (not the big box stores) that will use a
spectrophotometer's input together with manual mixing by a highly
experienced individual to get as close as humanly possible.to a match. But,
I'm sure it would be costly.

John Justin