Re: Tek Blue Paint

Paul Amaranth

I had some matched up at my local Sherwin Williams in a semigloss enamel, I think.
It's packed away now and unavailable, but this topic comes up periodically so
if you search the archives here and maybe on eevblog you should get the formula.
I'm sure I posted it at least once.

In the olden days you could get lacquer mixed up and even put into a spray can. But
you can get a cheap spraygun from HF for under $20 that does a decent job.

Auto paints, which used to be pretty cheap, are getting a bit prohibitive these days.
And some of them need full hazmat gear to be around.

OK, back in 2015 there was this thread with a discussion:

https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/topic/7656224

Recipe is about a quarter of the way down.

Paul

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 07:50:31PM +0800, Li Gangyi wrote:
Can't somebody go get it specteophotometered for a close match like with
custom car colors? I know where I was previously the English color near me
had that tool.

Finally an old lady with a good eye matched the thing by eye till I
couldn't tell a difference. Granted it was a flat color though.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020, 12:42 PM Dennis Tillman W7PF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF>
wrote:

Hi Steve and Brendan,
Stan Griffiths used to sell Tek paint in spray cans and other ways. I got
4 of the last cans he had in October. He only had a few left at that time.

This might be what you are looking for:
Dennis Tillman W7pF