Re: Mr Carlson's Patreon and test tool designs - was Re: [TekScopes] enclosures for ESR meters

David Kuhn

I etched my own boards years ago, when I was a kid in my teens. I haven’t
done it since and don’t want to. I don’tWant to have the chemicals around
or to properly dispose of them.

I’ve designed a few fairly complex PCBs in circuit maker/trax maker and
had them made by 4pcb, but again probably over 10 years ago. I would prefer
to be able to buy blank pcb’s if not a kit.

Is this cap leakage meter of Mr. Carson’s able to be built without a
printed PCB? If not, does anyone have extra PCBs that they sell? I remember
with 4pcb, I think 5 was the minimal prototype order, maybe 20.

I will have to join and find out I guess. I can get all that information at
the $2 per month level?

Dave

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 8:06 PM Eric <ericsp@gmail.com> wrote:

I am also a patron worth every sent. The devices are top notch. Paul wants
people to make their own boards as a learning process. Extencive use of the
toner transfer method.

On 2020-03-22 6:14 PM, David Kuhn wrote:
Are the details available to a as minimal patrion account? Is there
gerber
files for the pcb? Or can it be breadboarded?

It looks like a great leakage detector.
Mr Carlson's Patreon starts at $2/month and it's worth every penny, in
my opinion.

He publishes PCBs and schematics along with video walkthroughs.

--Toby

Dave

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 3:12 PM Mlynch001 <mlynch002@gmail.com> wrote:

“ I would also like the cap tester (with leakage) that Mr.Carlson
designed
(see Mr. Carlson's Lab on YouTube. That looks like a magic device. I
am
not a patreon of his, so I can not get the details. I wish someone
offered
that as a kit.“

I built one of those testers. They are very useful. Built two
versions,
one with an analog meter and one with the LED display and variable
test
voltages. This is a superb piece of test gear. Excellent and compact
instrument.
--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR