Unique Scope Option

Eric

So I am rebuilding a fairly neglected 7603 that has been in storage for quite some time. I had to evict a few once living tenants. This one is a little curious and it has a smoked color implosion shield. I am used to the clear and blue color plastic shields. But I have never seen one that was so dark and blacked out. I looked at the edges of the plastic and it is not dirt it appears to have been made that way. I am curious as to the why? It cuts a LOT of brightness from the CRT. Anyone have any Ideas?