Stan Griffiths' Memorial

I received this from Stan's daughters Valarie and Tricia:

Dear friends and family,
We are deeply grateful to all of you for all your expressions of sympathy,
and offers of support since Dad passed at the end of January, and we know
everyone is very interested in knowing our plans for a memorial gathering.
We regret to say that, due to Corona Virus concerns, we believe having any
kind of gathering in the near future might be hazardous to certain family
members' and dear elders health. The last thing we want to do is celebrate
the life and legacy of our father, and create a situation where we are
compelled to mourn others.
If you want to remember our father in some way during this time, please do
it by donating a little money to a reputable charity, like the ones listed
here: The American Diabetes Association, The Arthritis Foundation, The
American Heart Association, or the Bonnie Hays Small Animal Shelter. Dad
was an insulin dependent diabetic, a cancer and stroke survivor, and had
multiple heart procedures done in the last couple of decades, so any
assistance that can be given to support research into treatments, or meeting
the needs of low income sufferers of these illnesses, would be a fitting
tribute at this time.
We will make plans to gather and remember, and try to have a firm date by
the end of May, when we are truly past the current health crisis. We are
being cautious, perhaps overly so, but we deeply love our parents' surviving
We hope everyone in your circles continues in good health, recovers from any
illnesses quickly and without complication, and we will communicate our
plans to you as soon as we are able.
In gratitude,
Valarie and Tricia