From: "Chuck Harris" <cfharris@...>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: 3/11/2020 12:09:22 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] I've been hacked

Geek Squad "technicians" get paid by the FBI to take
special training courses on finding and identifying
hidden pornography, and illegal documents. They get
paid a bounty for every suspicious thing they turn
in to the FBI.

That's unconstitutional, you say?

No, it isn't. They are a private entity, and you have
to sign a waiver that gives them permission to search
for such stuff before they will work on your computer.

Anything they find, they will send right out to the FBI
for evaluation...

Best not use Geek Squad for any computer that has been
involved with anything you wouldn't want to see in the
Washington Post.

Also, a lot of the spam payloads turn your windows machine
into child pornography servers.

If Geek Squad finds that, you will get to spend a few
weeks in jail.

Me personally, if Geek Squad was my only choice, I would
remove and destroy the drive, and put a new install of
windows on a new drive, and shrug my shoulders for being
stupid enough to use Windows, and stupid enough not to
make off machine backups...

-Chuck Harris

Abc Xyz wrote:
I took my Infected Units over to Best Buy & let the Geek Squad Remove the
Virus's. They have Access to Tools we can't get. Plus, they Installed their
own Detection Software.