Re: recommended ESR meters these days

ebayatessnh

My dad took a TV/Radio repair course in the early 60's. I still have the tube based EICO "magic eye" capacitance/resistance tester, signal generator, and VTVM. Have not fired them up in a while, but they worked last time I did about 10 years ago. He never made any money out of TV repair as a side job, but the workbench he set up started my on the way to a successful career in electrical engineering. His EICO oscilloscope (that was not triggered or calibrated) started me on the path to my current love of the 7603 and 7104 models in my collection now.