Re: recommended ESR meters these days

G Hopper

Dave,

Since this thread has revived my interest in a portable ESR meter (I have a
benchtop one) I'm wondering if there is any reason you'd choose not to
replace the DE-5000 with a new one, or the apparent new model DE-6000?

Grant
KB7WSD

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 9:16 AM ArtekManuals <manuals@artekmanuals.com>
wrote:

I did try probably have over 10 hours invested in that. Given the value
of my time ( which at 73 goes up every day ...supply and demand) easily
twice what a new one will cost... Maybe with a new on in hand I can
compare... I really liked the DE-5000 with the exception that the
display back-lighting which was very hard to read and adjust..Probably
a bad cap in there somewhere ( wink)

Dave
NR1DX`

On 3/13/2020 7:07 AM, amirb wrote:
Dave
people have suggested a lot of capacitance/ESR meters but may I ask why
dont you try to fix the DER DE-5000 that suddenly died?
it could be an easy fix really. DE-5000 is one of the best handheld
tools and so far it is the best that has been suggested by people here
(except the bench top ones)

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 05:57 PM, ArtekManuals wrote:

Took out my (apparently not so) trusty ESR meter the other day and it
eyes had rolled back in its head and no amount of CPR would revive it..
Anyone bought one _*RECENTLY *_that they can recommend or warn me away
from?

Dave
manuals@artekmanuals.com

--