Re: Quick Calibration Question.

Eric

Nah the ones I am working on are 7000 Series. So nothing but scale readout. and yea it made scene. consistency is the impotent part.

On 3/13/2020 12:10 AM, ArtekManuals wrote:
Unless your scopes have a numerical readout  (many do) yes your rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic IMO. I always try to center the trace on the graticule. But in reality you put the t5race on top of the line or under it as long as you that same point of reference when making measurements , i.e . if you calibrated with the trace above the graticule then when you go up say three divisions it is to "top" of that division line not centered

Hope that made sense

Dave

On 3/13/2020 12:03 AM, Eric wrote:
As I have a backlog of plugins to calibrate, I have a questions I cant seem to find a good answer too. When calibrating a scope. Is the reference the center of the graticule line, the bottom edge, or the top edge. Common since tells me it should be the center of the graticule is the alignment point. But I am hoping to confirm. Or am I asking my analog scopes to be a little too accurate?