Re: I've been hacked

Roy Thistle

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 10:21 AM, Glydeck wrote:

I know there are tactics and methods employed by law enforcement that many of
us do not know about.
I'd say... there are tactics and methods (including repurposed military software) that law enforcement doesn't know about.
Fortunately, 99% of "viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, key monitors, ... or any malware) is weakly implemented, and often requires a lot of phising, on the part of the perpetrators to activate. They are fairly easily cleaned out... or reinstalled over.
The other 1% of this malware is the devil's work.
It's well known, most of those guys, doing that work, are part of very liberally funded militaries. If these type want in... they are getting in. Fortunately yet again... they mostly and largely are not interest in the "average guy"... at least, where most of us live.
The only way to mostly avoid it all is to go off grid (no Internet, no phone, no computer) I know individuals... yes some are cranks, or have issues... but: others are highly technically competent, and highly educated individuals. They choose not to be connected... at all.
Roy.