Re: I've been hacked

Glydeck

Chuck,

Thank for sharing this. I know there are tactics and methods employed by law enforcement that many of us do not know about.

That said, I may have some interesting input on this. A close friend of mine is an assistant DA for the county and heads the cyber crime unit. They have worked hand in hand on a number of cases with the FBI. The next time we’re out to dinner with them I’ll ask about ‘special' relationships with Geek Squad or any other services.

To keep this on topic: I’m still trying to sort out my TM501-2 power supply.

George

On Mar 12, 2020, at 5:01 AM, Chuck Harris <cfharris@...> wrote:

A very close friend's cousin came back from Iraq after
he quit the military.

He was imprisoned for child pornography on his laptop
computer after he got back. He didn't put it there, but
rather the very terrorists he was fighting did.

It took a couple of weeks to get out of jail on bail,
and about a year for a judge to rule that you can't be
responsible for stuff on your disk that you can't reach
through ordinary means....

But...

I don't know if Geek Squad was involved, but it wouldn't
surprise me, as he was not a computer expert.

There is no such thing as free. You should know that by
your age.

-Chuck Harris

Abc Xyz wrote:
I'm too old for Porn & too Stupid to Commit Crimes ... so I guess I won't
end up in Jail anytime soon. Free Medical & Dental would be welcome tho!!

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020, 12:09 PM Chuck Harris <cfharris@...> wrote:

Geek Squad "technicians" get paid by the FBI to take
special training courses on finding and identifying
hidden pornography, and illegal documents. They get
paid a bounty for every suspicious thing they turn
in to the FBI.