Re: I've been hacked

Eric

Dennis,
    If you need a hand with this let me know I am more then willing to help out. For AV currently a really good one is Sophos home. https://home.sophos.com/en-us.aspx I am not affiliated with them in any way but as an IT security guy it is what I use at home. The home account is free and they give you 3 computers. the paid version is up to 10. also look at https://www.malwarebytes.com/ also free for home use. They will usually find things that AV will not find. For PC performance reasons do not run more then one AV at a time. Windows defender sucks and should not be considered effective. and I usually recommend people stay away form Norton and McAfee. not because they are bad but just because of market share. they are the most commonly attacked.

Eric

On 3/10/2020 7:49 PM, Dennis Tillman W7PF wrote:
My email addresses have been hacked. Noon today my first friend contacted me
about it. Since then 10 other people have contacted me asking if the
suspicious email that got was really from me. The email from me contains a
link to a document that I supposedly sent to them. Delete the email. Do not
open the link.

Two different anti-virus programs I ran this afternoon found nothing unusual
on my PC so at this point I have no idea how they got my list of contacts.

The emails did not originate from my copy of Outlook since there is nothing
suspicious in my Sent folder.

Any TekScopes members that I have corresponded with directly are likely to
receive this email from me if the hacker was able to copy my entire list of
email addresses.

Dennis Tillman W7pF