Re: I've been hacked

Richard R. Pope

Hello all,
I receive emails supposedly from Walmart, Walgreans, Associated, Credit One, and others stating that I have won this or that just click on this link to get your prize. The link of course will be a Trojan Horse. Or ones from Charter, your electric company, your bank stating that suspicious activity has been noted and that your account is suspended until you click on this link and login. Of course the link is to steal your login information giving them access to your account or accounts. They will also state that they are from Ebay or Paypal. You can forward the emails to the proper authorities but there are so many of them and the authorities can only do anything if they are based in the US.
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!

On 3/10/2020 7:47 PM, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
It was your address book that was hacked. That message and attachment didn't come from you or your computer, it came from elsewhere and that can be found in the headers of the email. I've received literally hundreds of these over the last couple of years. It used to come from people with yahoo addresses and addressbooks on yahoo, but that seems to have spread out some.

Vince.

On 03/10/2020 07:49 PM, Dennis Tillman W7PF wrote:
My email addresses have been hacked. Noon today my first friend contacted me
about it. Since then 10 other people have contacted me asking if the
suspicious email that got was really from me. The email from me contains a
link to a document that I supposedly sent to them. Delete the email. Do not
open the link.

Two different anti-virus programs I ran this afternoon found nothing unusual
on my PC so at this point I have no idea how they got my list of contacts.

The emails did not originate from my copy of Outlook since there is nothing
suspicious in my Sent folder.

Any TekScopes members that I have corresponded with directly are likely to
receive this email from me if the hacker was able to copy my entire list of
email addresses.

Dennis Tillman W7pF