Re: 184 Time mark Gen. Needs filter caps

Eric

Wow 287 is an early one. I have a 189 on the bench if I need to open it up
and get some values. When I adjusted mine the crystal was not stable. It
was bouncing about + and - 15Hz around the center frequancy. I was able to
adjust it but I remember it was a very fiddly adjustment. And needs a 2
hour warmup.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020, 4:54 PM david via Groups.Io <davide_us=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have no idea what the specs are on these old caps, The serial no. on
this unit is 000287, date on PCB is 1965. The schematic shows 125V RMS @
0.125A across secondary winding of transformer, and 175V measured across
2x40uF Cap. I don't have the knowledge to calculate the ripple current. I
don't know what it could be. I think any 82uf x 250V cap is o.k. What is
the reason they used a 2x40uF cap?