Re: Push-push switch repair (need some theory of operation)

EJP

Problem solved, it is all working. I had merely forgotten to set the vertical amplifier to DC coupling. Clue, after sensing that all the voltages at each end of R238/248 were being switched correctly, was that when I pushed the PNP button in, the dot went to top right but then flashed down to bottom right, i.e. as the coupling capacitor in the vertical amplifier charged up.

Many thanks to Ke-Fong and to Dennis for locating the switch. Great repair.

EJP