Re: 547 scope HV transformer problem. One practical solution.

Hi Doug,

"That old test equipment"... "OLD" is not an adjective that should be used with test equipment or tools in general. The basic tools I have (hammer, pliers, etc) are incredibly old, and working fine. As for electronics, I have a relatively new multimeter with digital display, auto-ranging and advanced features, precise, economical. But I use more my old cheap Radio Shack MICRONTA 22-221, which I found junked in the garage and restored it. I rarely need precision, like when measuring continuity, and I prefer to see the needle move than the digits flicker with the auto-ranging. Maybe because my eyes are old too? LOL.