From: Chuck Harris
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:54 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tektronix 2467B Auto Measure Faulty?

It doesn't take much care to work with the
"finned" hybrids. They each have 4, #4-40 nuts,
with captive star lock washers, that hold them
to the socket. Some of the hybrids use a hex
standoff as one of the nuts...

To remove the nuts, either use a finger to
press the middle of the hybrid, and just spin
the nuts off, or if that is too many hands,
remove two diagonal nuts, and then loosen the
remaining two diagonal nuts 3 or 4 turns at a
time.

To put the hybrids back, you will need to use
both hands. One to arrange, and press the
hybrid into the socket, so its aluminum fins
contact the board on all sides.. and at the
same time, put on a diagonal pair of nuts to
finger tight. I use a plastic nut starter to
make this easier. The nut starter stretches to
fit the nut snugly, when you press it onto a nut
that is laying on your bench...

Then the other diagonal pair, and then tighten
all 4 nuts to just 1/4 turn past contact.

The only danger to the hybrids is if you tighten
the nuts when one side is hung up... that will break
the ceramic substrate. That is why you hold the
hybrid down against the board before you put on
a diagonal pair of nuts.

-Chuck Harris

leandro.lindemann via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello Chuck.

First of all, thank you very much for helping me.

Thank you also for informing that you were using the cursors in the wrong way. I learned that now.

Regarding hybrid ICs, I never worked with them. To remove them, and do a cleaning with DeoxitD5, is it necessary any extra care? Honestly they are intimidating, the fear of damaging them and failing to replace them is enormous.

I will wait for your answer on this before I do the cleaning.

I will hope that the problem of my dear 2467B is badly contacted.

Big hug and thank you very much.