Re: Weird 466 horizontal glitch

Edward Prest

Tomorrow I will squirt cleaner in it. if no joy there, then scope the
rails is next.
While the primary z axis input looks clean, there is vertical board input
one transistor after this z input. very suspect.

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 9:54 AM Mlynch001 <@mlynch001> wrote:

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 08:23 AM, <prest.edward.3@...> wrote:

Good idea.
With beam finder pressed, it does not show the problem.This is an
important
clue!
in xy mode it does glitch too, as every other setting.

I have checked Z output and its clean. (it leaks the z sum even though
its an
input)

more reading the manual with emphasis on the differences with beam on
and off
next i guess
Edward,

I have found that dirty/sticking switches are a major problem in these
old scopes. I have had several 4XX Series scopes across the bench that
were "Cured" by a simple and thorough cleaning of all these type of
switches. Good luck in your repair.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR