Re: Repairing my Tektronix 454 oscilloscope need some advice

Albert Otten

Victor,

Previously I wrote "I did an easier and less risky test. F1437 tied to GND,...". Actually, with the signal between GND and collector, this doesn't help at all because of the high inductance of L1437. It works since C1437 and R1149 provide a low impedance AC path to GND. I noted this later on. The right way is to tie C1437 "+" to GND. Luckily in practice I hardly noted any differences in amplitudes between tied to GND or not. C1437 is located in a clamp at the rear panel, next to Q1430.

Albert