Re: 5116+5D10 intensity problem

Harvey White

Ok, several things after searching the  manuals.

1) the liquid is fluorocarbon 114.  SF6 is used in the AWACS transmitter unless they rebuilt it.

2) the P6015 has the liquid, the P6015A has a silicone filler and no liquid.

3) the P6013 (IIRC) may have neither and is rated for about 12KV or so, while the P6015 is rated from 20KV to 30KV depending on circumstances.

4) I did not find the specs on the 6015 without dielectric fluid, not in the internet material I have at the moment.

Harvey

On 2/17/2020 3:26 AM, Paul Cohen wrote:
Or maybe SF6 (nasty) gas which is used in HV

בתאריך יום ב׳, 17 בפבר׳ 2020, 10:22, מאת Yeun-Jung Wu ‏<
B0190@...>:

Hello Harvey:

Thank you for your hint on future diagnosis. I will start collecting more
information on epoxy coated transformer first.

5D10 seemed to work fine except read out information had been expanded
outside the screen. Now I understand why red LED "possible under-sampling"
would lit: I was using slow time base to watch two nearly identical 7kHz
since wave superimposed together to form a nice envelope. There were lot of
wave form variation during long accuqsition time but the available memory
space for storing waveform was limited. When I select faster time base such
that several cycles was within the range of one horizontal division that
warning went away.

More than 5 year's ago I bought a Tek high voltage probe from eBay. There
was an empty can supposed to contain liquid with high dielectric strength,
something similar to banned CFC freon. For 4.5kV maybe I can fill some
other liquid and give it a try.

Best Regards,

Yeun-Jung Wu